Forrester Names Digital Guardian a Leader in Data Loss Prevention
The all new Forrester WaveTM: for Data Loss Prevention Suites, Q4 2016 report is here and we’ve been named a Leader in the market.
Today Forrester released its 2016 Wave report for data loss prevention suites – its first new edition of the report since 2010 – and we are thrilled to be named a Leader in the DLP market.
The data loss prevention market has changed significantly since 2010, growing more competitive than ever as DLP solution capabilities have evolved. As Forrester analyst and report author Heidi Shey referenced in the report, “The DLP suite market continues to grow because more S&R pros see DLP as a way to enforce policies for compliance, privacy, and intellectual property (IP) protection. This market growth is largely because DLP suites can provide DLP capabilities across all channels of data loss under a single console to apply consistent policies.”
We’re proud to be a Leader in such a competitive market for many reasons. Among them:
- We are one of only 3 Leaders in the report
- We saw the strongest growth in ratings of any vendor from the 2010 edition of the report, moving from Strong Performer to Leader
- We received the highest scores possible for three critical DLP capabilities: Intellectual Property Protection, Productivity, and Encryption
Forrester’s evaluation process for a Wave report places vendors in one of four designations: Leaders, Strong Performers, Contenders, and Challengers – which are evaluated based on each vendor’s strengths and weaknesses in their Current Offering, Strategy and Market Presence. Our Leader ranking reflects the market-leading capabilities of our data protection platform, innovative roadmap for product development, and growth in the market we have achieved in the six years since the last edition of the report was released.
This report is a valuable resource for security and risk professionals who are currently evaluating DLP vendors and would like a complete view of their capabilities and ratings, as well as an overview of the current DLP market landscape.
The Definitive Guide to DLP
- The seven trends that have made DLP hot again
- How to determine the right approach for your organization
- Making the business case to executives
The Definitive Guide to Data Classification
- Why Data Classification is Foundational
- How to Classify Your Data
- Selling Data Classification to the Business