Digital Guardian Wins Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution at SC Awards 2017
We're excited to announce that Digital Guardian won Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution at the 2017 SC Awards.
This year’s SC Awards took place last evening in San Francisco after a busy opening day at the RSA Conference. SC Media hosts the awards annually in the US and UK to “honor the achievements of companies and information security professionals striving to safeguard businesses, their customers and critical data.” We’re proud to announce that Digital Guardian won a Trust Award for Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution at last night’s awards ceremony!
The trophy for Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution
Finalists for the Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution category included the following solutions:
- Bitglass for Data Leakage Prevention for the Cloud and Mobile Era
- Digital Guardian for Data Loss Prevention
- Forcepoint for AP-DATA & AP-ENDPOINT
- Safetica North America for Safetica 7
- Spirion for Sensitive Data Manager
Finalists and Winners are determined by a panel of 69 security professionals, leaders, and luminaries, ranging from CISOs to independent analysts to information security managers, architects, and researchers. We’re honored to be selected as winner of a group that includes so many recognized and innovative solutions in the DLP space.
Greg Funaro poses with the trophy
You can read SC Media’s full report on the results of the SC Awards 2017 here, and our write-up for Best Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Solution appears below.
“Digital Guardian (DG) for Data Loss Prevention (DLP) offers next-generation data protection, purpose-built to stop accidental and malicious data loss by insiders and outside attackers. With Digital Guardian’s acquisition and completed integration of Armor5 for cloud data protection, and Code Green Networks for data discovery, classification and network DLP, DG for DLP is now the most well rounded DLP solution available today. It is the only solution on the market that prevents data loss at the endpoint, network and in the cloud, leveraging the same endpoint agent, network sensor and management console, thus streamlining the level of effort and number of resources required to manage an effective data security program.
Digital Guardian is a recognized “Leader” in Gartner’s 2016 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise DLP and was rated number one in intellectual property protection.
The core business advantage to DG for DLP is the consolidation of security capabilities into a single data protection platform. DG for DLP is the only platform that provides:
- Network, endpoint and cloud data loss prevention – leveraging the same management console, same endpoint agent and same network sensor
- Protection from well-meaning and malicious insiders and outside attackers. Competitive DLP solutions continue to focus on protecting data for the insider or compliance use case only. DG for DLP is the only solution that has extended capability to prevent data loss by outside attackers too – leveraging the same technology. To match this capability, buyers would need to purchase two or three different technologies from competitors.
- Flexible deployment options, including on-premise, as a managed service or as a hybrid of the two.1”