Episode 21: Andy Pendergast on Threat Intelligence
In the latest episode of the Digital Guardian podcast, Andy Pendergast, co-founder and and VP of Product at ThreatConnect, describes the benefits, challenges, and strategies around investing in a threat intelligence program.
Welcome to Episode 21 of the Digital Guardian Podcast! On this episode our hosts Will Gragido and Chris Brook chat with Andy Pendergast, co-founder and VP of Product at ThreatConnect, providers of the popular threat intelligence platform. Andy discusses the benefits of investing in a threat intelligence program, along with the challenges and strategies associated with implementing one, and how an intel plan should complement a security team.
As always, you can listen and subscribe to our podcast via SoundCloud, iTunes, or Google Play to keep up with new episodes every month.
Highlights from this episode include:
- 01:20 - Andy gives some background information, how he got his start
- 08:29 - How to separate the signal from the noise when it comes to threat intelligence
- 10:28 - Will asks Andy on his take on the state of threat intelligence and tradecraft in the industry
- 17:31 - How should threat intelligence function within a security team?
- 27:01 - The importance of establishing a feedback loop between ops and intel
- 30:33 - Where should CISOs invest their time and energy as it relates to cyber threat intelligence?
- 33:20 - What's the one threat that CISOs need to be concerned with?
Intro/outro music: "Groovy Baby" by Jason Shaw, licensed under CC BY 3.0 US
Previously on the Digital Guardian Podcast
The Definitive Guide to DLP
- The seven trends that have made DLP hot again
- How to determine the right approach for your organization
- Making the business case to executives
The Definitive Guide to Data Classification
- Why Data Classification is Foundational
- How to Classify Your Data
- Selling Data Classification to the Business