Verdasys is Now Digital Guardian!
The only security solution that defends data against insider and outsider threats using one endpoint agent.
Our company has been Verdasys since we launched in July 2003, and the name has served us well. It was under the Verdasys moniker that we acquired nearly 300 Fortune 1000 customers; deployed over two million endpoint agents; and protected 52 million terabytes of the world’s most sensitive IP and trade secrets.
But in the past 18 months we’ve found ourselves expanding well beyond our traditional use cases of insider threat, protection of IP and trade secrets, and an exclusive focus on large enterprise companies. Our conversations with customers have changed from “can you help me implement a data loss prevention (DLP) program to address insider threats?” to “how can we defend our sensitive data against all threats?”
This shift in our customers’ thinking has been accompanied by major shifts in our industry. From the declaration that anti-virus “is dead”; to the very public firing of Target’s CEO; to the admission by essentially every security professional that it is no longer a question of if we will be breached, but when. These shifts caused much discussion about the larger purpose of our business – our true mission. We realized our job wasn’t just protecting IP and trade secrets from malicious insiders, but to help as many organizations as we can protect all their sensitive data from any threat, regardless of whether it originated inside or outside their company.
We all felt the name Verdasys no longer embodied this broader mission. We needed a new name and we didn’t have to go far to find one. Digital Guardian has been the name of our product since it was launched in 2004. It’s how we’re known in the market and how our customers refer to us. We all live and conduct business in a digital world. We produce and interact with massive amounts of data and that data needs a protector – a digital guardian.
To address our expanded mission, Digital Guardian now provides:
- Data protection from both insider threats and advanced outsider attacks using a single endpoint agent.
- A secure, cloud-based managed security program (MSP) that makes the same data protection afforded to the richest global corporations, available to the mid-market.
- Seamless network to endpoint integration with solutions like FireEye, Fidelis and Palo Alto to deliver improved return on security investment (ROSI).
If any of us had hesitations about our new name and our expanded product and service offerings, they were shelved in December 2013 when IBM Research announced their top five innovations that will change our lives in the next 5 years. Their number four prediction was “A digital guardian will protect you online.” We are officially your Digital Guardian and we can start protecting your company’s sensitive data today!
The Definitive Guide to DLP
- The seven trends that have made DLP hot again
- How to determine the right approach for your organization
- Making the business case to executives
The Definitive Guide to Data Classification
- Why Data Classification is Foundational
- How to Classify Your Data
- Selling Data Classification to the Business