Episode 20: Kai Roer on Building a Security Culture
In the latest episode of the Digital Guardian podcast, Kai Roer, co-founder and CEO of CLTRe, gives tips on how to build a security culture, and more.
Welcome to Episode 20 of the Digital Guardian Podcast! On this episode our hosts Will Gragido and Chris Brook chat with Kai Roer, co-founder and CEO of CLTRe, a Norwegian security culture research company, about building a security culture, whether or not there’s a way to measure success when it comes to security cultures, and how human factors, like gender and attitudes, can shape risk.
As always, you can listen and subscribe to our podcast via SoundCloud, iTunes, or Google Play to keep up with new episodes every month.
Highlights from this episode include:
- 00:42 - Kai on his background
- 02:14 - Will asks Kai what he thinks is the most important thing to establish a security oriented culture
- 04:50 - Kai gives some insight around how gender can play a part in risky behavior online
- 11:23 - Chris asks Kai if there's a way to measure the benefits of a security culture
- 21:08 - Kai's advice for CISOs and CIOs in wake of the Equifax breach
- 28:50 - Are security professionals learning from their mistakes?
- 40:47 - What are three things an individual could do to truly have a security-infused culture?
Intro/outro music: "Groovy Baby" by Jason Shaw, licensed under CC BY 3.0 US
Previously on the Digital Guardian Podcast
The Definitive Guide to DLP
- The seven trends that have made DLP hot again
- How to determine the right approach for your organization
- Making the business case to executives
The Definitive Guide to Data Classification
- Why Data Classification is Foundational
- How to Classify Your Data
- Selling Data Classification to the Business