Digital Guardian Podcast Episode 14: The Rise of the Virtual CISO with Andrew Hay
Co-Founder and CTO of LEO Cyber Security Andrew Hay joins our latest podcast to discuss the rise of the virtual CISO and the challenges they face.
Welcome to Episode 14 of the Digital Guardian Podcast! Special Guest Andrew Hay and our host Thomas Fischer talk about the current market for virtual CISOs and how to overcome the business challenges of being an external security team member. As always, you can listen and subscribe to our podcast via SoundCloud or iTunes to keep up with new episodes every month.
Highlights from this episode include:
- 1:04 - Why companies are hiring virtual CISOs
- 9:16 - How to bring security awareness to an organization as a third-party
- 21:30 - Dealing with new technology as a virtual CISO
- 27:08 - The challenge of building a business case
- 33:30 - What the biggest threat to small- to medium-size businesses is